Tatiana Grigorieva is an Olympic silver medallist (in pole vault, Sydney 2000), mother, coach, entrepreneur and all round fascinating person.
In this interview I did for the Queensland Academy of Sport Action TV series, we explore:
- the transitions that have shaped her life through sport, business and motherhood including how she went from a hurdler to a silver medallist pole vaulter in just 2.5 years
- how she manages fear
- her meditation habits and the importance of visualisation in accelerating her training
- how she encourages her athletes to think about the long term
- her early childhood in Russia and why her mother made her sign a study contract when she was 13 years old
- why willingness is the #1 characteristic of the athletes she works with
- what it felt like to be jumping in the middle of the Olympic stadium for Cathy Freeman’s historic 400m gold medal.
- and much more.
What’s helped you through transitions? Let me know in the comments below.
Links from the interview: